key collisions

mark rkmr.em at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:23:05 UTC 2007

Hi Dave,
I have not made much progress! I had the same problem of not being
able to reproduce in the test environment! But in production I
consistently get the problem!
So I moved to cmemcached http://gijsbert.org/cmemcache/index.html
which is a python wrapper for the libmemcache. It seemed to solve the
problem at the beginning, but what was happening was if there was a
collision the app died with this message:

[FATAL at 1170222010.740685] mcm_fetch_cmd():1176: memcache(4) protocol
error: server sent data for key not in request

I have not fixed this problem yet! It seems to be the same problem as
before but the client here checking for consistency I think.

It will be great if someone can find a fix for this!
thanks
mark