hash argument to get call

S Edirisinghe edirisinghe.s at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 00:22:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and have not found out how to search the archive. While
I find out how, I will post this (hopefully not-stupid ) question.

I'm using the java client so, I'll ask about the method in the javadoc

        MemCachedClient mc = new MemCachedClient();
        String key   = "cacheKey1";
        Object value = SomeClass.getObject();
        Integer hash = new Integer(45);
        mc.set(key, value, hash);

What is the hash (Integer)  arg to this method do? Is this a way for picking
the bucket? I wasn't sure if this was a seed for the hash function ? I'm
pretty new to using memcache d. Your help is appreciated.

thanks