How to serve images from memory?

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Mon Jul 2 01:42:09 UTC 2007

mod_mem_cache is an option, as is mod_file_cache
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_file_cache.html

file cache loads a static list of files into memory when you start,
while mem_cache caches the requests on demand (more like squid).

I've heard several people mumble that they want to write a
mod_memcache_cache (which is how the apr_memcache API started )
which would use memcache as a backend, but no one has been itchy enough
to write it/open source the implementation.

Regards
Ian