Hackathon / Multidimensional keys / Wildcard deletes

Jan Miczaika jan at hitflip.de
Mon Jul 9 12:19:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

cleanup for the tags would work in the normal memcached garbage
collector. When a key is deleted or the memcached verifies it is
expired, the tag->key relationship is deleted, if set. One should then
delete the tag when no keys are present anymore. This does introduce a
bit more code and work to the garbage collector. The reads are not slower.

Regarding the protocol: implementing tags as additional tokens would
break the existing protocol and thus involves protocol versioning. One
could add a statement (similar to bytes) to tell the server if and how
many tags are to be set.

use protocol_version 0.2\r\n
delete_by_tag <tag>\r\n

The client could do a version\r\n first to check if the server supports tags.

----- Forwarded message from dustin at spy.net -----