binary protocol notes from the facebook hackathon

Paul Querna chip at corelands.com
Tue Jul 10 17:16:04 UTC 2007

Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:23 , Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>> COMMANDS:  (for cmd byte)
>>
>>   get    - single key get (no more multi-get; clients should pipeline)
>>   getq   - like get, but quiet.  that is, no cache miss, return nothing.
>
>     We do need to get values defined for command bytes, magic, etc...
>
>     Paul's already written some down, so we can just go with his.

I believe Mark from facebook was starting on a server implementation --
My plan was to sync() with his values once they are published -- Please
do not use the ones in apr_memcached yet, I was just making shit up(tm).

And.. Whatever the values are, they should just be documented in the
binary protocol text file....

This of course assumes no one has any major design issues with the
general style of the binary protocol....

-Paul