Hackathon notes (non-binary protocol thread)

BUSTARRET, Jean-francois jfbustarret at wat.tv
Tue Jul 17 18:21:15 UTC 2007

I'm not a very experienced C coder, but I'll try to share some ideas... Please be tolerant

- add "char* tags" to the _stritem struct
- store tags in a comma/whatever-delimited string : ",tag1,tag2,tag3," (space and comma being reserved), the client being eventually responsible for formatting the tag string
- add a new deletetag command ?
- delete items using the same rule approach as described by Dustin, strpos-ing(",tag,") instead of regexp-ing the key
Multi-tag deletes can be split in multiple rules

IMHO, limiting the max number of tags and the max size of a tag would not be a problem.

JFB