Hackathon notes (non-binary protocol thread), (BUSTARRET, Jean-francois)

Jan Miczaika jan at hitflip.de
Wed Jul 18 08:38:47 UTC 2007

Yes, it may expensive as well. But we can incorporate it in our
workflow. DVD has a new relationships with an actor - tag the actor's
key with the DVD's id as well as the DVD's ID with the actor's. May
possible lead to a kind of cascading flushing.

We have played around with integrating tagging in the application. We
were testing SQLite as a tag database. Or mySQL memory tables if you
make all keys ints. But I think it would be more elegant to have all
functionality in one product rather than craft on something different.

Zend_Cache offers tagging as a feature and Memcached as one of several
backends. I'll swing around and look how they implemented it.