curiosity about memcache and swap partition on linux

luca pasquali luca.pasquali at staff.dada.net
Sat Jun 16 08:49:36 UTC 2007

Howdy memcache list,
I'm administering some memcache servers, they are 4gb dual opteron hp
blades, they act only as memcached on these gentoo servers (3 istances
of 1150 mb each).
What I'm wondering is, do I really need swap partition?

I'd also to know:

I tear down one istance for some reason, for some other reason I've no
more 1150 mb of phisical memory free while I'm going to rise it up
again, will memached swap in this scenario?

--
Luca Pasquali <luca.pasquali at staff.dada.net>

gnupg fingerprint: 9F6C 827C 3D6A 4959 D38F 2006 6A95 D137 5650 1A73

"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
-- jon postel