flush

Brad Oaks bradoaks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:43:06 UTC 2007

Hi Randy,

I think maybe Daniel is referring to the size of the memory allocated
to the daemon process (as reported by 'ps' or 'top') instead of the
size of the cached items.

Hi Daniel,
If you must reduce the memory footprint of the daemon, and you're
willing to lose all the contents, why not restart the daemon instead
of a flush.  Look into starting the daemon with options to constrain
the amount of memory the daemon may use -- (-m 32)  The default is
64MB, and a much smaller pool is still very useful for my
installations.

that's my $0.02 worth,
--bradoaks