Largest production memcached install?

Steve Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Thu May 3 21:01:07 UTC 2007

We rebuild from the database. We have enough memcached servers that losing
one has a relatively small effect on our cache hit rate. Not to say there¹s
no effect -- our DB load spikes up for a little while when we lose a
memcached server -- but we build out our infrastructure such that even at
peak load, repopulating an empty memcached instance or two doesn¹t slow
things down noticeably for the users.

-Steve