Why memcached will lose data

KevinImNotSpacey kevin.amerson at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:47:18 UTC 2007

memcached stores data in memory, it doesn't persist it, therefore if the
server goes down the data is lost.  memcached will also bump data from
memory when other items are requested more often, and memory space gets low.

there is simply no guarantee that when you put something into memcached that
it will be there later.

Hope this helps,
Kevin