Mongrel Instance Problems

catandmao-reg at yahoo.com catandmao-reg at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 15:00:41 UTC 2007

Hi Jehiah,

    I am running just one memcached server, on the same machine as the cluster of 4 instances. That is why I entered the localhost ip. Everything here is in one server. Don't really understand why do I still have to expand the Cache.servers.

Glad that this is going somewhere. Thanx for the help guys.

Jehiah Czebotar <jehiah at gmail.com> wrote: the problem is with the way you are setting up your memcached connection

You are running on a mongrel cluster, but each server in the cluster
is configured to connect only to the locally running memcached
(127.0.0.1). That is why you are having problems with storing your
session. you are using 4 different memcache pools, one on each server,
instead of one large pool.

CACHE.servers = '127.0.0.1:11211'

should be a complete list of your servers . something like this:

CACHE.servers =
'10.10.10.1:11211,10.10.10.2:11211,10.10.10.3:11211,10.10.10.4:11211'

--
Jehiah