tugela?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Tue May 15 08:31:07 UTC 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 21:33, Pierre Demartines wrote:

> Ideally, what I need is something like BigTable, i.e. a permanent
> distributed storage for real-time data serving. It needs to be
> reasonably fault-tolerant (say a server goes down for a while or a
> disk
> goes bad; the system needs to keep working in the meantime, and
> when the
> server comes back up, its own contribution to the distributed cache
> needs to be repopulated transparently).  New servers can be added, old
> ones removed.

	You're looking in the wrong area, then.  Lucene's got Hadoop which
is providing some of the fundamentals, but it needs a bit of work.
Hadoop has a distributed filesystem and mapreduce, but from what I
can tell, they don't yet have a bigtable implementation.

	I'm sure they'd appreciate having someone finish it.  :)

--
Dustin Sallings