memcached

Julio Leyva jcleyva at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 12:46:55 UTC 2007

Hi all

If I have two or three servers running memcached , how they synchronized
each other?
How the application knows which memcached server to communicate to?
For example in the api for postgresql we have this

memcache_server_add(/* hostname1 */ TEXT, /* port */ TEXT)
memcache_server_add(/* hostname2 */ TEXT)

to add a server to the list of available servers.

So it means that any operation from then on will affect all the servers in
that list?

memcache_delete(/* key */ TEXT, /* hold timer */ INTERVAL)
memcache_delete(/* key */ TEXT)

This command will affect both servers?

What if one server goes down, when it comes back, how the get synchronized?

Thanks for your patience and your tips I really appreciate that, just trying
to understand this....