Problems installing pecl memcache

Ahto ´ ahto111 at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 16:57:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to install the latest memcache pecl extension but it failed to configure because it could not find the php_session.h file so I made the necessary symlink. I tried to configure it again but it failed with the following error:

checking for session includes... /usr/include/phpchecking for memcache session support... enabledconfigure: error:You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension session,but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.

I don't know what to do next because session extension is installed and working just fine.
My system is ubuntu and Php version 5.1.2 was installed through apt-get.

Did anyone run into the same problem?