Memcached and maximum persistent connections

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sat Oct 6 22:41:11 UTC 2007

64-per is a lot :)

Anyway, it's fine, go nuts. There's a comment next to the maxfiles section:
/* to limit connections-related memory to about 5MB */

... I have no idea how they arrived at this conclusion but it's not hard
to figure out. The only things to keep in mind:

- There are small memory allocations per connection.
- They're not presently tracked by the global memory limit, so memcached
will grow beyond that limit a wee bit based on your connections (and I'm
not man enough to fix it instead of just repeating this).

-Dormando