Memcached and maximum persistent connections

Steve Mushero Steve at tudou.com
Mon Oct 8 11:15:22 UTC 2007

Thanks - we already have this:

*               hard    nofile           1024000
*               soft    nofile           1024000
*               hard    nproc            102400
*               soft    nproc            102400

And ulimit shows:

open files                      (-n) 1024000

I am working on a PERL script to open thousands of connections to probe
the real limits in various setups (i.e. without doing it on our
production system).  Please let me know if anyone knows of a good tool
for this, just to open lots of TCP connections; I will probably run out
of client connections first.

Steve