addServer Function

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Fri Oct 19 15:06:06 UTC 2007

sir buce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested to know how work memcached addserver function, i have a
> website with diferents servers to use memcached, and i don't know if
> this funcion make a duplicated label in the servers, or in each server
> have diferents labels.
>
> Thank you.

Memcached is a distributed cache.  So, each server would have different
data.  However, most (all I think) clients have the ability to fail over
and use another server for a key if a server goes down.  The data is not
redundantly store there all the time, but can be while a server is being
serviced.

--

Brian Moon
Senior Developer