Speed difference under load

Mikael Johansson mikael at synd.info
Sat Oct 27 09:31:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

The default connection timeout in pecl/memcache is 1 second, and when
using Memcache::addServer() the connection isn't established until the
first command is sent (ie. the "get" in your example). Perhaps you have
added several servers, one of which is unreachable, and thus the client
will stall 1 second before flagging that server as down and trying the
next one. If you're using persistent connections, that server will still
be flagged as down on subsequent requests and will be skipped immediately.

Or as Marc said, the client might indeed be waiting for a DNS response..

//Mikael