An alternative to Tugela cache

Alberto Bertogli albertito at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:51:53 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 11:03:23PM -0700, Earl Cahill wrote:
> Any chance for a perl binding?

I don't think I'll be writing one anytime soon, sorry. I take patches,
though =)

I don't know how hard is to write a binding for perl, but for all the
other languages included in the package, it was pretty easy, since there
is no real implementation to do, you just re-use the C library.

> So if the daemon goes down, would the on disk data be lost?

Not at all! The data is stored in the backend database, the whole idea
of the thing is that the data is (optionally) persistant.

> And is storing larger files in the works?

The database file can grow as big as the backend allows (in bdb and qdbm
that should be pretty big). There are no limits on that.

The only current limit is on the size of the key + the size of the
value, which is 64kb, and can be raised without too much trouble. It's a
per-key limit, just as memcached has a limit on 250 on the key size
(IIRC). It does not affect the whole system at all.

Thanks,
		Alberto