proper memcached usage

Marc Rossi marc_rossi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 21:13:41 UTC 2007

Hi All -

I'm looking to replace a local machine data distribution system using postgres with memcached.  There will be one process that updates approximately 1500 items every second.  Each item will point to a comma separated list of floats (10 max).  On the same machine there will be several processes that consume this data in different intervals.

Is this a suitable use for memcached?  Most of the examples I have read about involve multiple writers & readers, in this scenario I will only have 1 writer and multiple readers (probably a max of 10).

Thanks,
Marc