proper memcached usage

Marc Rossi marc_rossi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 21:27:40 UTC 2007

I am planning on using a 0 expiration and purging the cache nightly with a memcached restart.  The consumer apps have been written in such a way that they will warn and wait for the data to be available (at least that is how they are in the postgres version).  Unfortunately the setup for accessing the data feed directly in all apps is just to much overhead to incur.