Memcache CAS

Chris Goffinet goffinet at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Sep 17 07:12:25 UTC 2007

1) For :1113 I noticed if I added the item_remove diff like you
suggested, it ends up returning the memory identifier of the new
variable that is always the same in memory vs address of actual item
pulled from item_get. Suggestions to fix? Try it yourself, when you
use the same itmp variable on it and set a few items over and over
again. It will usually always be same memory address (even if data
changes).

2) Yeah I expanded item_alloc because the way memcache reads through
the loop of data sent. Originally I did it the way I sent you, but ran
into an issue with existing clients. I noticed that memcached would
throw an error right when memcache read the cas command (which is
OK..). But all of our commands (add,replace,set) wait until
complete_nread occur before returning either STORED/NOT_STORED to be
compatible with existing clients.

I have no problems reverting back to the original method if you might
have a solution for that?

Chris Goffinet
goffinet at yahoo-inc.com