memcachedb 0.0.2 is released

Andreas Vierengel avierengel at gatrixx.com
Fri Sep 21 14:09:59 UTC 2007

Steve Chu wrote:
> memcachedb is a better and simplified tugela, but more. It is designed
> for persistent, not for cache. It enables bdb's transaction(so never
> lost data) and no expiration concept exsited. For better performance,
> we use a fixed length of key and value. The code is simple and
> clear(about 1300+ lines), and also very internal, but already on our
> production for high traffic pageview countering.
>
> At the same time, we are testing memcachedb replication feature, and
> may ready on next release.
>
> Source code is available on: http://code.google.com/p/memcachedb/

I just downloaded it and quick-looked over the source.
If I have 1 client who rapidly get some key/values BDB which are in
memory, and 1 client who get key/values which are not in memory =>
disk-access, the whole server would slow down for this disk-access
because you have only the state-machine without using a worker-thread
model for BDB-access. BDB blocks, at least for me :)

--Andy