Off Topic Apache Farm Question

Dan Miller psillysimon2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 21:13:47 UTC 2007

I have an off topic question. BTW memcache is a great product and we have been saved by it. But my question is what are most people utilizing for a shared web storage.

We keep all our web content images etc on local disks that are synced when released. But we have common images that are uploaded via java app server and stored on shared power vault unit. The shares are using NFS on linux. We have been experieriencing ussues under high utilization. The powervault is a Raid sata unit using 1gb ethernet.

What are other people using in an environment where they need to share diskspace across a web farm. Thanks