memcachedb 0.0.3 is released
stvchu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 06:46:46 UTC 2007
* add command "flush_all" that will truncate a database, warning to use.
* lots of code formated
* Bugfix: Now using "-u" option can get proper db file mode
What is Memcachedb?
Memcachedb is a distributed storage system designed for persistent. We
simplely hacked from memcached and tugela. But neither of them.
Memcachedb is not a cache solution, it is a persistent solution for
high-frequency writing and reading. It conforms to memcache
protocol(not completed, see below), so any memcached client can have
connectivity with memcachedb. Memcachedb uses Berkeley DB as a storing
backend, so lots of features including transaction and replication are
* High network performance, thanks to memcached and libevent(we
* High storage performance, Using Berkeley DB BTREE Access Method,
and bdb's own MPOOL.
* High availability, Berkeley DB Transaction supported, and
replication will be ready later.
Supported memcache command
* get, set, add, replace
* incr, decr
We Stand on the shoulders of giants, Memcachedb source code is based on:
* Memcached: http://www.danga.com/memcached/
* Tugela: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tugela_Cache
More information about the memcached