Memcached error: accept(): Too many open files

Hai Nguyen Quang hai.nguyen at vslitc.com
Wed Apr 9 06:31:27 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggest,

Here's the last 4 lines result of lsof |grep memcached

memcached 2166        root 1020u     sock        0,5
61381 can't identify protocol
memcached 2166        root 1021u     sock        0,5
61433 can't identify protocol
memcached 2166        root 1022u     sock        0,5
61480 can't identify protocol
memcached 2166        root 1023u     sock        0,5
61530 can't identify protocol

Do you have an idea why I got "can't identify protocol"?

Normally, it should be like this:

memcached 7780        root    7u     IPv4  569147323
TCP localhost.localdomain:11211->localhost.localdomain:44731
(ESTABLISHED)

Restart memcached make it works for a few minutes but then the errors
come back, even restart the server just make it work for about one day

Thanks in advanced,

Hai Nguyen