Upcoming memcached releases + rambling.

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Feb 7 17:19:57 UTC 2008

Dustin Sallings wrote:

>   Hey, sounds great overall.  One minor thing, though:   I submitted a
> binary patch a while back to finalize incr/decr transport.  I think it's
> important that that goes in before clients can be ready.
>
>   While mercurial is obviously better than git at everything but
> managing svn repos, I'd be quite happy if I could simply have my changes
> published somewhere so I feel they weren't lost or becoming stale and
> others could try them and tell me what I did wrong (mostly so I could
> declare my client done sooner).
>
>   Would it make sense for someone to provide a repo conversion to work
> from outside of danga and just declare svn officially unsupported?

I'll toss that in today, sorry. That patch is near the top of the list
of stuff to merge (aside from the internal bug I was asked to look
into). My whole idea of just tossing out a 1.3.0-rc now would be to
include that patch (and maybe one or two tiny things from me) and allow
people to start targeting it.

I'm tempted to do just that with the repos for the time being... I'm
having problems keeping the branch up to date because I completely fail
at making git-svn track the damn branches.

Please give me one week to iron out the repo stuff. I think we can deal
with this.

-Dormando