configuration and limitation of memcache..

Reinis Rozitis roze at roze.lv
Thu Feb 21 12:31:07 UTC 2008

If you really want to use memcache as file storage (but imho its not the
best solution) you can prolly stick with webservers that have memcache
support and are way faster at serving small files than squid:

lighttpd
http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/Docs#Optionsformod_mem_cache-localfileaccelerating
nginx http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpMemcachedModule

Otherways for generic purposes just stick with Squid (if you want to store
just in ram use nullfs) or Varnish http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/

rr