Collection + Concurrent Update

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Feb 21 22:01:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:51, Rakesh Rajan wrote:

> I am currently using Dustin's Java library (memcached-2.0-pre7). I
> havn't seen any CAS function in that. So safely assuming that I need
> to continue to use java for my project ( :) ) , what are the
> alternatives that I have ?
>
> So from my understanding of CAS, I can pass a unique code, that I
> get from "get" operation,  to the "set" operation. And in case it
> fails, I would need to fetch the latest value and update the cache
> entry again ( this would need to some kind of loop to make sure that
> I don't miss pushing any updates to cache).

	Sorry, I've been a bit behind in my emails.

	No, I never quite worked CAS support into my java client.  I've got a
long plane ride ahead of me tomorrow, so maybe that'll give me
something to do.  :)

	Basically, you do the get+set in a loop where the set fails if
something else mutated the value between the get and set.

--
Dustin Sallings