Collection + Concurrent Update

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Sat Feb 23 02:44:59 UTC 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 10:19, Rakesh Rajan wrote:

> Excellent! Waiting to test it out.
>
> Currently I am using 1.2.4. I would be testing it only using the
> text protocol since binary one is yet to be released.

	I was going to publish a preview from a previous release where I just
had just added a gets and cas to my interface, but when I went to
describe a general mutation process, it ended up being a lot to
describe, so I figured I'd try to encapsulate that and do it all in
one place.

	I built an object that sits over a client instance and handles the
details of an atomic update for you.  For example, see the javadocs:

http://bleu.west.spy.net/~dustin/projects/memcached/apidocs/net/spy/memcached/CASMutator.html

	(apologies for java's lambda sucking so much)

	You can grab the code to play with it here:

http://bleu.west.spy.net/~dustin/repo/spy/jars/memcached-2.0-pre8-cas-c351acc49350.jar

	Let me know how you think it's going so far.

--
Dustin Sallings