refreshing the cache time of a key

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Wed Feb 27 19:42:59 UTC 2008

>    is it possible to refresh the cache time of a key with out having
> to retrieving the cached data and storing it back in memcache .. for
> example if a data is cached for
> 1 hour and  at the 50th minute from the time this data has been
> cached i want to   store it in the cache for  1  more  hour  ..is
> there a  function  to  refresh the cache time by knowing the key of
> data with out having to do get and set
> i.e
> data=mc.get(key)
> mc.set(key,data,3600) # 1 more  hour

It's not possible with the current code base.  I posted a patch a few
years back that did this....  here we go:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2004-November/000880.html

It should be easy to apply the patch by hand if it fails to apply
cleanly out of the gate.  FWIW, I find this functionality invaluable.
See the post for details.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden
sean at chittenden.org