memchache memory leak?

Paul van den Bogaard Paul.Vandenbogaard at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 18 19:12:37 UTC 2008

I think the settings effect the cache size. Besides other data
structures that need space there is ofcourse the code itself, all the
shared libs that are mapped etc. This ps command likely shows the sum
of everything. Depends a little on what OS you are using. If it is a
Solaris 10 or better OS than you could use pmap -xsa command to show
what is actually using what.

--Paul

On 18-jan-2008, at 19:46, Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 10:14, zaaas zaaas wrote:
>
>> why used my memcached server 177160K of memory? If have limited
>> the memory to -m 128 megabyte
>

> 	I believe that only limits cache storage.  There's still overhead
> like connection memory, read buffer, etc...  You're not that far
> off the target memory.
>
> --
> Dustin Sallings

---------------------
Paul van den Bogaard
Paul.vandenBogaard at sun.com
ISV-E  -- ISV Engineering, Opensource Engineering group

Sun Microsystems, Inc                              phone:        +31
334 515 918
Saturnus 1
extentsion: x (70)15918
3824 ME Amersfoort                                 mobile:       +31
651 913 354
The Netherlands
fax:            +31 334 515 001