memcached losing connections

Kevin Dalley kevin at kelphead.org
Thu Jan 24 19:40:46 UTC 2008

I'm using the standard 5 servers, all on localhost, from 11221 to 11225,
though my most recent run just mentioned one server, localhost:11221.

To make the test somewhat succeed, I added a timeout.  Eventually, the
poll gives up, and then moves on, with one or more failures, but
officially passing the test.

Failed with return value of 5 on insert of .... (long string)

where 5 is MEMCACHED_WRITE_FAILURE

I modified the error message in execute_set a bit to include the return
value.

In my most recent run, this error message was repeated a few times.  If
I skip the timeout, the poll waits forever.

I tried to come up with another test case, but I'm stuck for now.