item expiration

Reinis Rozitis roze at roze.lv
Wed Jun 11 12:48:40 UTC 2008

> RR the patch you pointed to sounds exactly what I'm looking for. If  you
> would not mind posting your latest version patch please.

This is not my patch (all credits go to Paul G) but just a bit tweaked to
apply for current (1.2.5) release.
http://roze.lv/memcached-permitems.patch

As to answering few of Brads comments:

I think Paul wanted to show just some quick working concept of the feature
which in real world situations is pretty usefull rather than push the patch
directly into source. Ram is cheap, but in some cases you still can't deploy
enough to satisfy all the web-coder needs so instead of cycling the cache
all the time give some logic and decision possibilities to (client) software
which data is more important.

It sure  needs love to cope with the current code-style, but the question is
whether the current developers are fine with the idea/option at all.

rr