running memcached in daemon mode vs locking down memory

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Jun 12 04:28:33 UTC 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 20:41, dormando wrote:

> And eyeballing the code, that's totally right. -k was fixed once
> already
> by Tomash, but I guess we now know he runs memcached in the
> foreground :)
>
> Fix tested and pushed to stable svn and stable git:
> http://consoleninja.net/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=memcached.git;a=commit;h=7391190f7ff652e662a490d4ca0409dc33fba283

	I merged this into binary and pushed it up.  BTW, I noticed your
email address came through as dormando at b0b603af-a30f-0410-a34e-
baf09ae79d0b -- I think you can fix that with an author map (-A).

	I rather like the idea of not auto-daemonizing daemons.  Works great
when you have a decent init system.  People are too afraid to use init
these days.

--
Dustin Sallings