item expiration

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Thu Jun 12 23:56:40 UTC 2008

Grant Maxwell wrote:
> You see Brian the restart situation/node going down is already taken
> care of. It's only a problem if the class record exists but the item
> record does not.

That would only take care of the case when *all nodes* are restarted at
the same time. If you just restart a node that happens to hold the item
record but not the one that happens to hold the class record, you'd
still be in trouble.

> The way to deal with this is to write them all to the cache as a single
> object (perl hash list probably). That actually delivers exactly the
> guarantee we need. And it's really simple.

Anyway, it looks like you've come up with a solution to your problem, so
my point above it kind of moot :-)

Dean.