memcached QA

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Jun 19 15:50:04 UTC 2008

Hey,

Well the perl tests that come with memcached are *official* so far as
I'm concerned. Historically the tests were perl, we've tried to maintain
them as perl, and I'm a little confused as to where we are right now.

Since most of the developers on this project hate each others' primary
languages (but we share C in common), we now have test suites in all
sorts of crazy languages that live inside/outside of the tree. The
libmemcached C tests are pretty good, there're java tests that trond
has, python tests dustin has, and I try to port tests to perl. Tomash
has been writing perl tests as well.

I'd prefer we keep everything to one language so the deps just to
buildtest memcached aren't too wild... I was volunteering to port all
tests to perl (and have been updating the binary tree tests, etc), but
I've been under a rock for the last few months so this might not be
plausible anymore.

In my humble; the distro _must_ have a 'make test' that tests memcahced
to the best of our ability. Tests should be updated, new features should
have tests, blah blah blah.

Anyone else have thoughts on the matter?
-Dormando