Subversion and GIT

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sat Jun 28 21:19:09 UTC 2008

Yo,

If you're quick on the draw, you might notice that we've stopped using
Subversion for development of the memcached branches. The download page
has also been updated:

http://danga.com/memcached/download.bml

... to reflect using Git. A bit.

I presently use git-svn with my stable repository and push changes to
the *stable tree only* back up to SVN for convenience of SVN users.

I'd like to poll the list; does anyone care strongly that we should
continue to push stable changes back to SVN?

Would it be reasonable for us to mark a cutoff date?

Should we really be setting up gitorious on code.sixapart.com and giving
people commits to central git repos again?

Thanks,
-Dormando