MemcachedClient and timeout

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Fri Mar 14 17:14:02 UTC 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 1:51, Massimo Marazza wrote:

> 2008-03-14 09:14:55.140 WARN
> net.spy.memcached.protocol.ascii.AsciiMemcachedNodeImpl:  Discarding
> partially completed op
> : net.spy.memcached.protocol.ascii.GetOperationImpl at 153113d

	This is where I need better documentation around failure cases.  If
I've sent any data and need to reconnect, I throw away the command and
tell the client there was a cancellation (though from the server-side).

> Exception in thread "Memcached IO over {MemcachedConnection to /
> 127.0.0.1:11211}" java.nio.channels.CancelledKeyException
>       at
> sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.ensureValid(SelectionKeyImpl.java:55)
>       at sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.readyOps(SelectionKeyImpl.java:
> 69)
>       at java.nio.channels.SelectionKey.isReadable(SelectionKey.java:
> 271)
>       at
> net
> .spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection.handleIO(MemcachedConnection.java:
> 262)
>       at
> net
> .spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection.handleIO(MemcachedConnection.java:
> 180)
>       at net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.run(MemcachedClient.java:
> 730)

	Ah, OK, here's a real bug.  I've updated the report (yet again *sigh*).

> java.lang.AssertionError: IO Thread is not running.
>       at
> net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.addOp(MemcachedClient.java:195)
>       at
> net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.asyncStore(MemcachedClient.java:237)
>       at net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.set(MemcachedClient.java:
> 296)
>       at
> it
> .kataweb.memcached.memcachedWSAsync.doStartTag(memcachedWSAsync.java:
> 191)

	Yes, this definitely means something I didn't expect to happen did.

	Thanks for the detailed report and your patience.

--
Dustin Sallings