Patch for compiler warnings in the binary branch...

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Tue Mar 25 22:40:09 UTC 2008

Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2008, at 14:51, Trond Norbye wrote:
>> One argument for for using two different values is that it _could_
>> make it easier to create a plugin for wireshark that decodes the stream?
>
> I think that's pretty much it.  The easiest thing is to change the docs,
> but it'd be good to get some feedback from someone who cares more.
>
> I'm copying the list for feedback.
>

> Topic:
>
> The binary protocol documentation has a different magic for request and
> response messages, but the implementations do not.
>
> Does anyone care about having different values here?

Just update the docs? Doesn't seem to make a huge difference to me.

Also, while you're in there, the new order for the get/etc headers was
changed in the pictures, but not in the description above them :)

Also! The reason why the CAS value was at the end is so we could easily
omit it from the get by shortening the header (without adding a bunch of
test conditionals). Is there an easy way for us to flip it back the
other way, or do we drop support for dropping that 8 bytes? :)

-Dormando