Intro / Busy loop and blocking threads on 1.2.5

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Mon May 5 22:48:27 UTC 2008

Sorry to hear :\

Well, hold tight for now.

Info for the list: This is likely another case of the assoc_find bug.
We're putting all bughunting resources into tracking it down right now.
Hopefully we will have a fix soon, and I will be sending more info to
the list to help out as soon as I can.

The bug's in assoc.c somewhere - Something causes the linked lists to
have a loop.

Michael; Check the archives a few days back for a post from trond norbye
with a patch for detecting and bombing out on such loops. If you try
that out it could help us narrow things down.

We've otherwise been completely unable to reproduce the bug outside of
the wild.

Thanks,
-Dormando