Announce: New feature-complete version of the BeIT Memcached Client released.

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Sat May 31 22:49:24 UTC 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 7:41, Henrik Schröder wrote:

> No I haven't, for a bunch of reasons. First is that the current
> feature-set is good enough for our own needs,

	That's sort of why I responded.  I read ``feature-complete'' as
``supporting all features.''

	In particular, CAS isn't fully complete in 1.2.5 and will probably
not be backported to the text protocol due to the protocol disruption
it'd likely introduce (we do CAS on append, prepend, set, add, update,
and delete at least as well as returning CAS values from all commands).

> and second is that we're using the windows port of the server, and I
> think we'll see the binary protocol in that version very late, if at
> all.

	There seem to be very few people with Windows server interest.  Do
you have any time to put into helping memcached continue working on
the Windows platform?

--
Dustin Sallings