mogilefsd cannot see mogstored's running

j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:32:26 PDT 2005

More questions in my pursuit of a mogilefs implementation:
Back to some basics---
Are the current public CVS  versions of perlbal, server and api stable
for production, or should I stick with the tar.gz distros that are
linked from the website?

Does anyone have this running on RedHat Enterprise and/or derivatives?
---end basic questions---

> I changed the line 46 from
> my $path = "/var/mogdata/";
> my $path = "/var/mogdata/dev2";
>
> Same result.
> mogilefsd reports 404 errors on both devices when run in debug mode.
>
> > > RETURN_VARS:
> > > $VAR1 = {
> > >           'dev_count' => '2',
> > >           'devid_2' => '1',
> > >           'path_1' => 'http://192.168.5.141:7500/dev2/0/000/000/0000000078.fid',
> > >           'fid' => '78',
> > >           'devid_1' => '2',
> > >           'path_2' => 'http://192.168.5.142:7500/dev1/0/000/000/0000000078.fid'
> > >         };
> > > ----------------end mogtool output--------------
> > > Then it hangs.
> >
> > at this point all the client does is connect to 192.168.5.141 and 142 on
> > port 7500 and tries to upload the file.
> >
> > Since it hangs you must have something preventing the connection.
I can browse http://192.168.5.141:7500/devN no problem... 200 - OK

Since reverting to an older mogstored and mogilefsd (linked from
website mogile-server-1.00)
I no longer get 404 errors in mogilefsd, it is still broken though.
Thanks to Justin's debug suggestions and more tinkering I have more
info about the problem:

mogtool inject with debug produces this error on mogstored:
---
system error: Unable to create file (error = Invalid argument, path =
/var/mogdata//dev2/0/000/000, file = 0000000087.fid, fd = -1 (Error
obtaining link info: No such file or directory))
 ----
> > $ curl -v -T /etc/motd http://192.168.5.141:7500/dev2/0/000/000/0000000078.fid
Results in
the same!
---
system error: Unable to create file (error = Invalid argument, path =
/var/mogdata//dev2/0/000/000, file = 0000000078.fid, fd = -1 (Error
obtaining link info: No such file or directory))
---
curl reports a 500 Internal server error, unable to create file.

Note the *double forward slash after mogdata*.  I checked everywhere
and I cannot find the extraneous trailing slash in any of my paths.
Maybe the problem is the perl function that is deriving the paths?

"I shall never give up!"