Getting started, Bad file descriptor

Mark Smith junior at
Tue Jul 26 13:52:11 PDT 2005

> Hi, Mark. I did that and still get the same result. thanks

Okay.  We've just made a release (1.3) of Perlbal that has lots of changes
in it.  Can you try going and getting that, then installing it?

Once you've got it installed, try running it with aio_mode set to 'ioaio'
or 'none' and see if either of those work now.  The new version has a bunch
of changes to how we handle asynchronous IO.

If that still doesn't work, then it'd be useful to do an strace of the
mogstored and try to find where it's erroring in the call to open().  You
may have to start inserting debugging in the part of the code that prints
the internal error message, and try to find out why it's screwing up.

If you're not familiar with the best way to go about doing these, let me
know and I can provide more detailed information.  :)

Junior (aka Mark Smith)
junior at

Software Engineer
Six Apart / Danga Interactive

More information about the mogilefs mailing list