Mogilefs on FreeBSD

Mark Smith marksmith at danga.com
Tue Mar 15 13:39:59 PST 2005

>   Are there any issus with running Mogilefs on FreeBSD 5.3?

I don't know of anybody who's done it/tried.  Also, you'd have issues using
the HTTP mode, since that depends on Perlbal's web_server mode, which uses
Linux::AIO right now.  (We've plans to change that...just haven't.)

So -- right now, you'd have to use it in file mode.  It should work if you
do that, but you lose a lot of the flexibility that MogileFS provides.
Also, we don't use file mode ourselves, so it gets a lot less testing.

--
Mark Smith
junior at danga.com