write_buf_size > buffer_size_reproxy_url

Eric Lambrecht eml at guba.com
Thu Nov 3 15:37:05 PST 2005

Eric Lambrecht wrote:
> Have anybody ever seen a problem where ClientProxy is reproxying a file
> and the write_buf_size is larger than what should be allowed by
> buffer_size_reproxy_url?

...continuing in the long tradition of responding to my own emails... ;-)

I figured this one out. When a ClientProxy gets a REPROXY_URI response,
it does a 'start_reproxy_uri' call followed by a 'next_request' call. If
a new BackendHTTP object is immediately assigned to the ClientProxy
during that 'start_reproxy_uri' call (and not later, due to some event),
then the 'close' call in 'next_request' clobbers the reference to the
new backend in the ClientProxy.

It's only obvious, isn't it? ;-)

Here's a (simple, but perhaps not ideal) patch that just tells
BackendHTTP to not clobber references to other backends.

Eric...