Recovery procedure

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Nov 8 20:31:54 PST 2005

Step 1:  NEVER REUSE DEVICE IDS.

If you obey step 1, you can't mess anything up.  (But if you already did,
you can still recover...)

Step 2:  modify the device table, marking the old device as dead.

Step 3:  mark the host alive.

Step 4:  make a new device (with a new device id), on the alive host

And then it'll just replicate for you.