More than one mogstored daemon

Yuri Subach subach at whirix.com
Tue Sep 27 21:56:20 PDT 2005

I modified mogstored source code. First file:
    my $path = "/mogdata/dev1/data";
    my $listen = "X.X.X.X:7500";

Second file:
    my $path = "/mogdata/dev2/data";
    my $listen = "X.X.X.X:7510";

When I'm trying to run these daemons, first works good. But second give
me this error: "Error creating socket: IO::Socket::INET: Address already
in use"
If I try to run second before first, it works fine.

The possible reason of this error is following code:

# setup a new socket for handling size requests
my $server = IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort => 7501, # FIXME make this
configurable
                                   Type      => SOCK_STREAM,
                                   Proto     => 'tcp',
                                   Blocking  => 0,
                                   Reuse     => 1,
                                   Listen    => 10 )

How can I change this port number and let mogilefsd know about the change?

Yuri Subach  subach at whirix.com
Director of Whirix Ltd.  http://www.whirix.com