Replication

Mark Smith junior at danga.com
Mon Aug 14 18:00:47 UTC 2006

> Cool, that makes sense. I assume it does the same if a device is marked
> dead.

When a device is marked dead, it removes the mapping for files on that
device.  The system then tries to replicate those files from alternative
sources to get them up to the mindevcount.  (So, yes.)

> By the way, is there any sort of automatic detection for a dead device
> or is that the job of another program?

The monitor job will notice that a device is unavailable, but it won't make
the decision to mark something as dead.  As of now, that has to come from a
human.

    $ mogadm host mark machine1 dead
    $ mogadm device mark machine1 17 dead

--